Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I hate bugs!!!!

Last night it was hot in our house. So once it cooled down outside I do what I always do. I open the sliding glass door & put the huge fan in the doorway to blow in the cooler air from the outside to hopefully cool off the inside.

Normally because the fan is blowing, no bugs dare to come inside. That is, until last night. I'm sitting in the reclining chair in my family room watching "America's Got Talent" on the TV. When all of a sudden I see something long & dark moving across the carpet at a high rate of speed. At first I thought it was a small snake, but the way it was moving made me think it was a centipede. And it was heading straight for the chair I was sitting in!!!!

I screamed bloody murder & jumped out of the chair. The centipede then went under my chair. Mike & Brandon came running in to see why I was screaming. I told them there was a snake or a centipede under my chair. They lifted up the chair, but nothing was there.

They thought I was pulling a prank on them (this goes on a lot in our house of men). I assured them I was not pranking them. I reminded them that they were the pranksters, not me.

I told them they had to find that sucker & kill it. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that horrid creature was in my house. Mike gave up & went back to watching TV. Brandon decided it was best to help me. We got the flashlight but couldn't see anything under the tables, the chair or the couch. We decided to then flip over the couch.

Once we flipped the couch, the centipede was playing dead on the carpet below. I yelled for Mike & he came back in, picked up my book I was reading earlier (well it was actually Jodi's book, New Moon) & threw it down on the centipede (sorry Jodi, it doesn't have much guts on it. lol). It stunned the centipede enough for Mike to spray it with RAID!!!!

Brandon then scooped it up onto a piece of paper to take out to the trash. But not before I could take a photo so I could blog about it. You all knew I was going to blog about it didn't you?

Isn't it gross???? It was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!!! Which is about 12 inches long!!! Just kidding, it was between 4-5 inches long. Still too big for me. Oh, and the moisture on the paper above is not guts. It's RAID, dripping off his body onto the paper. At least that is what I am telling myself.

I'm so happy that we found the sucker & killed it and it's safely dead in the trash. I wouldn't have been able to sleep last night if I thought this thing was lose in my house & could crawl in bed with me. Too creepy!!! Not to mention the fangs on that thing. Brandon googled centipedes & found out that their bite is like a sting. Hurts like hell, but won't kill you. I'm just glad I didn't have to find out.

Kim

P.S. Brandon just told me that when he was taking the centipede out to the trash the wind blew it off the paper & it fell in the strawberries in the front walk way. What????? What if it wasn't really dead? It could crawl back in my house through the gap at the bottom of my security screen!!!! How am I ever going to be able to sleep again?

P.S.S. He said he was just pranking me again. It's really dead & really in the garbage can. He says I'm too easy to prank. He just couldn't resist. See what I have to put up with everyday?

3 comments:

Prescott family said...

Gross!! What if the Raid makes it turn into a mutant centipede or something? It could really come back to get you - ha ha ha LOL!! Just kidding. That's pretty scary to think those things are crawling all over outside your house. Yuk.

Dee Dee said...

It looks like your sister even likes to tease you. That thing is pretty ugly. I would've screamed and demanded death to the creature as well. Are you duct taping your entrances now?

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh Kim, ICK! I hate bugs -- and mice, too, for that matter. I love "good" bugs who know their place. . . which is OUTSIDE of my house!

Scary. some bugs are way scarier than others -- and that's one of the scarier looking ones.
Cass