Friday, March 6, 2009

I heard it through the grapevine....

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I have been just enjoying reading all of Kim's comments & pictures... but today I got a very interesting call from Kim & thought I had to share. It seems that my brother Eric had just left Kim's work & while he was there he informated Kim that my son Noah was in the hospital. So Kim called to see what was going on... here is our conversation:
Kim - "I heard Noah was in the hospital, is he okay?" Me- "What? Noah is in the hospital? I don't think so, at least he was fine when I dropped him off at school this morning. What's wrong with him?" Okay at this point I must admit my heart skipped a beat. You never want to hear from someone else that your baby is sick! Kim - "I heard he had blood in his stool (is that really what she said?) & so he was admitted to the hospital". At this point I started to laugh, surely if this was the case I would have known about it, right? Me - "Who told you this?" Kim - "Eric was just here & he told me". Then of course we both started laughing & I suggested she might call Eric to find out what he was talking about & that maybe she heard him wrong. She called me back later to let me know that his daughter Taylor was informated by someone (not sure who yet) that Noah had been admitted to the hospital.

Just to set the record straight, Noah is fine (or at least he was this morning). He has not been admitted to the hospital nor does he have any blood coming out of anything. Although Zak has been having kidney stones & Simon was suspended yesterday for punching a kid in the face that has been bullying him for a while. Other than that I think my family is doing okay.

This phone call reminded me of the game "Telephone" or the song "I heard it through the grapevine" - obviously someone was misinformed & it just kept spreading... don't get me wrong I am not mad or upset I actually thought it pretty funny. I'm sure I have helped in spreading incorrect information in the past as well - it's just human. I just thought I would let everyone know that Noah is fine. Happy Friday!!
Andrea

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

Yep, Noah's fine. I saw him at the school today and he was quite himself. In fact, I also noticed that he is taller than me now! Okay, I know that's not a stretch, but it sucks when your 6th grade nephew is taller than you! Maybe someday my 7th grade son will be taller than me...I can only hope.