Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tablescape Thursday-Is it Spring yet?


It's tablescaping time. Woo hoo!!! Have you joined in on the fun? If not, visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch to see how you can join in. You know you want to. But I warn you, once you start, you can't stop.

Since Spring officially starts tomorrow I thought I'd do a spring tablescape. Now I live in Southern California and this week it has seemed more like summer than spring. I think it was like 90 today (well since it is now 12:12 am, I guess today is now officially yesterday). All I know is that it was too hot for this time of year. I want some spring temps.

Last month I bought some salad plates with tropical leaves at TJ Maxx (I've seen them at Marshall's too). When I saw them I immediately thought "Is it Spring yet?" I thought they would look great on top of my everyday white dishes. Then I was at Walmart a few weeks back & I found the placemats that had tropical leaves as well. And the best part, they were on clearance for 49 cents each. I'd thought they'd go great with my plates.

The silverware is my clearance set from Marshall's. The glasses & napkins are from Walmart.


I embellished the napkins with some greenery that I wrapped with rafia covered wire & placed a small river rock on top. I love the earthiness of it.
I kept my centerpiece pretty simple. A hurricane jar filled with green rocks and a vanilla candle. I have a spring candlering around the bottom. The stone birds on either side came from ABC Distributing (I think).
I love these birdies. I bought 2 sets. One for inside and one set for outside.


Here you can see the tropical leaf plate. They also had dinner plates that were opposite in color (green background with white leaves), but I didn't buy any.


Thanks for visiting my spring tablescape. Hopefully we can continue with this fun next week. So be sure to come back.

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Hello Kim, I am on the other side of CA and it was such a beautiful spring day yesterday with temps to match, wow! 90 already that's to hot for me too, lol, your new dishes are so pretty and look beautiful and elegant together with your mats, glassware and centerpiece, Happy Thursday, Kathy.

Kathleen said...

Kim that looks so pretty! Love the napkin rings, and you are my kind of gal with the bargains..all pulled together beautifully!
Very tasteful!

a quiet life said...

great looking table!

Unknown said...

The table is so pretty! I too, picked up those plates from TJMaxx and I didn't quite know what to do with them. You have inspired me!

Amy said...

Just beautiful displays! The dishes and the embellishments are just fab. The little birdie just adds the finishing touch. Looks like you are all ready for the spring season! Amy

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kim...

So happy to see you today, Girlfriend! Thanks for all the sweet comments about my tablescape!

Girl, talking about tablescapes...yours is green & gorgeous! I love your new salad plates and you're right, the placemats go with the perfectly! In fact, they look like they were made to go together! You got a steal-of-a-deal on them at .49cents! One of my favorite things about your tablescape is the napkin decor...you have a great eye for these things, my friend! And...of course, you know that I love those sweet little birds!!! Your entire table is fabulous!!!

Have a terrific Thursday, Sweetie!
Chari

B said...

Hi, Kim
I live in No. Orange County and have some very close friends who live in Menifee. Don't you guys jump straight from winter to summer and about 1,000 degree weather? Just kidding.
Your tablescape is very pretty. Those plates and placemats look like they were made to go together. No one would ever guess you got them at different times and places. What great finds! And I love the little birdies. They would go really well with my birdnest/house theme.
Thanks for stopping by B'z Place. Come back again soon. Have a nice weekend. :) Brenda

Decor To Adore said...

What a cute tablescape!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful table! Love the birds.. wish you had gotten three sets!

Anonymous said...

Your table scape is truly beautiful. I love the way it is so coordinated.
Charlotte

Linda in AZ * said...

Hello, Kim~ What a WONDERFUL table... it's rather "AMAZING" that the place mats weren't MADE to go with your dishes, AND that you found them at DIFFERENT places at DIFFERENT times! Wow, you're GOOOOD!!! I ESPECIALLY love your "napkin rings"... not only CLEVER of you, but they're soooo natural, striking & unique~~~ FAB!!! MANY, many thanks for sharing this! It's TERRIFFIC! Best, Linda

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Kim~ ~
Love the way you have put your table together each element compliments the rest..and thrifty too I like that. Thanks for stopping by to say Hi. It's nice to meet you.~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

teachermomof2 said...

I love your tablescape. Very simple and well coordinated. Good job!