Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It Never Rains in California. Or so they say.

It's been raining for 40 days and 40 nights. Or so it seems. I feel like we should start building an ark. But wait, I don't have to, we already have a sailboat. And since I'm not Noah, God hasn't commanded me to take any animals on my boat. Well, except for Missy our cat.

Ok, so I exaggerated a little bit. I've been known to be a little over dramatic.

It has actually only been raining 4 days. But it has been non stop. It hasn't stopped raining at all. We've already had about a years worth of rain in 4 days.

So now the ground can take no more!!! It's rebelling and now we are suffering the consequences.

Exhibit #1:

Had to take a detour on my way to work this morning. It seems a tree decided to fall over and block this street we normally travel down. It took out a couple of power lines with it. At least it didn't fall on the house. Or on the guard dogs who usually lay on a table in this yard. And the wind wasn't even blowing. This is from the ground being too saturated.

And no, this is not my neighborhood. This is the neighborhood around where I work in Moreno Valley. Not in the best area. That is why this house usually has vicious looking guard dogs laying out front.

But my day has been easy so far, at least when you compare it to Eric's.

Exhibit #2:

This is Eric's street. Totally flooded.

They have this drainage canal right across the street from their house. When it rains, it can fill up fast.

Then it overflows into their street.

So what is Eric to do?

Move to higher ground! This is Eric's downstairs living room. They decided they better move their furniture upstairs. Just in case the flood waters reach their house.

But there is a silver lining in all of this. Eric has a pretty cool dance floor for Christmas. We will be busting some cool moves come Christmas.

Oh, and I have a boat to get there. Bon Voyage!!!

What are your plans for Christmas? And how is the weather in your neck of the woods? Do tell.

Kim

P.S. Everyone have life jackets?



1 comment:

Kira said...

That's a lot of rain. We are having going to have a really really white Christmas. It dumped almost 2 feet of snow on us in 48 hours, and it is not supposed to stop for two more days. WHEE!