Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January Blues

I don't know about you, but I get the January blues. Christmas is over, boo hoo. All the lights & decorations are coming down & it seems so dark and depressing when I come home from work.

Probably the biggest reason for the blues is being sick. Seems I always get sick around this time of year. I'm just getting over some sort of stomach bug. Everyone in my family had it. Took us about a week to get back to feeling somewhat normal.

Eric's family had it too. In fact, I think we got sick from Eric's family. We all spent New Years together & Jeannette was just getting over a stomach bug. A few days later, Jesse & Mike got sick, then me & finally Brandon. I was never so happier that we have 2 bathrooms. Even then, sometimes there was a line. I called Eric & he said that Cade, him & Taylor had all gotten sick too. Poor Cade, he was sick on his birthday. So far Jase & Danica are still well.

I just spoke to Andrea & no one in her family has come down with the sickness & her boys had been staying at Eric's house when all the sickness started.

I need a vacation!!!!!! But alas, no money to go anywhere.

I think I am doubly blue as this is the year I turn the Big 5 0!!!! I can't believe I am that old. Grandmas are that old. Oh yeah, I am a Grandma. But I don't feel almost 50. I still feel like I'm 25, OK maybe 35, but my body tells me another story. I also think that I am still thin, but my body tells me that is a lie as well. I'm always bumping into things because in my brain I am still thin & can fit through certain places when in reality I can't. Getting old can be a PAIN!!!! And I mean literally.

Did I say that I need a vacation? We were suppose to go back to Europe this year or to Australia. But alas, since we now own a home, we can't afford to go anywhere except maybe to Vegas. But I love Vegas. The hotels are nice, the food is good & plentiful & I even know where to find some deals. My pleasures in life all seem to involve food. Maybe that is why I am no longer thin. I need to go on a diet or at least eat less. But I love to eat.

I am just rambling now. I am at work & don't really want to be here, so that is why I am writing. I wish I was anywhere but here at work.

Hopefully someone else will write in this blog besides me. Does anyone else get the January blues? Let us know.

Bye for now,
Kim

No comments: