Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where is everybody?

Hello!!!!! Anyone out there? Seems I am the only one to post on this blog. Where is everyone?

Well the week is almost over & the month is more than 1/2 gone. Time really does fly when you get older.

Did everyone get their Christmas decorations all put away? I finally got mine done last weekend. I have a few minor things I still need to deal with, but my biggest problem is finding room. I tend to buy new stuff every year, but I have a hard time getting rid of my old stuff. Does anyone else have this problem? I know my Mom does, that is probably where I got it from. I sort of envy Eric's family, they have no problem getting rid of stuff when they get new stuff. The problem is, I am usually the one who takes their old stuff. My favorite saying is: "Are you getting rid of that? I'll take it." My husband has the same problem as me. Except he thinks I am the one with all the stuff. He forgets that 2/3 of the garage is full of "his" stuff. I can at least admit I have a problem.

The reason I started selling on ebay was to get rid of some of my stuff. But I have a real hard time. So sometimes I just buy stuff on sale, clearance, thrift store & resale on ebay. That way I still get to shop, but I also get rid of it & make some money in the process. That is what I call a win/win situation.

I started selling again on ebay this past weekend after taking about 3 weeks off. I only got 2 items listed. I took photos of everything that I wanted to sell, but Mike made me some stained glass windows for our bedroom & when I looked at all the pictures I took, it was too dark. So I need to retake them in better light. So my goal for this weekend is to list at least 10 items on ebay. If you want to see what I am selling, you can click on the ebay link at the bottom of this page. It takes you to My World page & you can click on items selling to see what I have for sale.

I love selling on ebay but it takes alot of time & effort. I hate when people ask if I can sell something on ebay for them. I usually tell them no, I don't have enough time to list my own junk, let alone list for someone else & not make any money. The easiest way to sell on ebay is to sell new items that you have multiple of. Then you only have to take the photos once & make a listing once & just relist each time an item sells. I did alot of that this past year. My best item at Christmas was a glass Eiffel Towner ornament. I bought about 20 of them at Mervyn's on sale for about $4-5 a piece & sold them on ebay for $12 a piece. I stocked up after Christmas so I'll have them for next Christmas as well.

Well I better get back to work as my lunch hour is over. Hopefully someone else will take the time to blog as well. Otherwise you will be stuck with me.

Talk to you later!
Kim

No comments: