Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

I know yesterday was Valentine's Day, but I am always a day late & a dollar short. What did you get or do for Valentine's Day?

Mike gave me a beautiful heart shaped diamond necklace. Too bad my neck is too fat to wear it. I have to get a longer chain before I can enjoy it. He also gave me some flowers, a Lenox basket with candy Kisses w/toffee.

I gave Mike 4 lbs of pistachios and some candy and a new mug for hot chocolate (mug has hearts on it. How sweet!). Looks like I received the better gifts. Oh well, I don't feel too bad, Mike loves pistachios.

For dinner, Mike cooked steaks for all of us & I fried some shrimp. We also had baked potatoes, corn & salad. I love steak & shrimp!!! It was very good.

Mike didn't really want to cook steaks as it was so cold outside, but he just moved the BBQ closer to the back door. Which could have been a disaster. Last time he BBQ'd that close to the door, he almost burnt the house down. Mike is really a good BBQer, it was really a fluke when he almost burnt down the house. It happened when we first moved into our house & got our new gas grill. He hooked it up by the back door & put on a brisket to cook. He left it & went to the other side of the house. I was doing dishes & looked out to see an orange glow. When I ran out back, the whole BBQ was on fire & so was the side of our house. Luckily we got the fire put out before it did much damage. However, we still have a black spot on the outside wall of our house to remind us of it. We kind of laugh about it now, but it wasn't too funny when it was on fire.

Anyways, back to Valentine's Day. I had baked a cake for dessert & put a lid on the pan. Mike moved it to another counter while we were cooking dinner & somehow it got knocked off the counter onto the floor. And of course, it landed upside down on the floor. Luckily the lid stayed on so no cake got on the floor, but the icing was all over the lid. We never did eat any of it last night as we were so full from dinner.

After dinner, Mike & I finally got some alone time out in the jacuzzi. It was sooo cold outside (I know it wasn't cold compared to all of you that live in Utah. But for California, it was cold). The water felt so good being hot. Luckily we weren't out in the jacuzzi when the sheriff helicopter was flying around earlier as he lit up our back yard a few times with it's light.

One time we were out in the jacuzzi when the sheriff helicopter flew over heard & shined his light on us. Eric & Jeannette were with us at the time. It was quite funny. We just waived to the helicopter.

Well I better close for now. It's been a long day at work and I am so looking forward to going home for the weekend. Too bad I don't get Monday off for Presidents Day. For all of you who do, ENJOY!!!! And think of me slaving away at work. Heres to hoping it will be a quiet day at work on Monday. Anything is better than this week. Ugh!!!!

Bye for now,
Kim

No comments: