Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Fluffing


This Friday is the first official day of Spring, but Spring has already sprung in my household. Well at least in my family room. And since Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is having a Spring Fluffing party, I had to join in. You know how I love a good party. So lets take a look around my room to see what we can find.


First off is my china hutch. Since I don't have a formal dining room, it is in my family room. My kitchen and family room are really one big room so I keep the hutch in here. As you can tell, I collect pitchers and creamers. I usually have my red/pink transferware plates on my hutch, but since it is spring, I put out my cabbage plates. I just got them at Ross. I love them!! And I know that I have too many "faux" flowers, but I love pink roses and I don't care. Oh and the green hydrangeas are fabulous too. So there!!!!
What says spring better than a birdie and a nest? Nothing!!!
I love pink & green together. So springy!
Doesn't everyone out in blogland have these cute birdie salt & pepper shakers from Target?
A little bit of spring on my trunk. This is hard to decorate on as the top is warped and nothing lies flat or even. I need to get a piece of glass cut to lay on top. I'm hoping that will make the surface a little more even for decorating. But until then, I work with what I have.
I filled up one jar with faux eggs from Ross, one with river stones from The Dollar Tree and finally a jar filled with faux greenery I had around.
This cloche is just a cheese dome I got at a thrift store for 50 cents. The bowl underneath, I can't remember where that came from. The plate I just got at Goodwill for 99 cents. The rocks are from The Dollar Tree. The bird nest is from my wedding 3 years ago that I made. The bird came from Walmart & the eggs were some clearance left overs from Easter a few years back that I painted.
Here is my mantel. My hubby got me the heart shaped ivy topiary for Valentine's Day. The planter it is in came from Ross. The bird came from ABC Distributing last year. The bunny is from Ross and the ball/fleur de lis topiary came from Ross as well. I got it on clearance for $3.00.
I'm totally into green for Spring.
I love this bunny. I'll put him in the yard after Spring/Easter.
This is the top of my TV amoire. The birdhouses are from my wedding. The Christ tile was a Christmas gift from my sister a year ago. It fits in no matter what the season. I just got the "faux" flowers from Michaels. Got to have more green.
And finally the top of my little cabinet. This is technically in my kitchen area, but since both are part of one room, I considered it part of my family room for this post. I filled the apothecary jar with faux eggs. The bird/terrerium cloche came from the Goodwill a few weeks back. I put another of my wedding bird nests under it. Can you have too many bird nests? I didn't think so.
I will be changing some of my Spring decor for Easter decor this weekend. I've already started in my kitchen & you can see those pictures here in my "What's on Your Wall Wednesday" post.

Thanks for taking a look at my Spring Fluffing and don't forgot to see all the other Spring Fluffing going on in blogland at Southern Hospitality. If you haven't already started your Spring Fluffing, it might just get you in the mood.

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi there. All of your spring fluffing looks so pretty. I really like the china hutch with the plates. Woo hoo!! Love your white picture frame and the ivy topiary. Do you know that I'm pretty sure I'm the only girl in blogland who doesn't have the salt and pepper shakes from Target. :) I'd better remedy that situation.

KBeau said...

Everyone seems to find such good stuff at Ross. I'm going to have to check it out.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kim, so glad you joined my party today! It looks beautiful at your house & I see you are a green Bordallo plate lover too, as well as bunnies & birds. Ahhh, spring!

Bo said...

Hi Kim...oh, your china hutch is a real eye catcher...I love the green Bordallo plate collection...
Also love the little churches & the Christ placque! ;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

In that last pic,that frame is gorgeous......
Yes,I am so ready for Spring as everyone is.Friday is also my son's birthdayso another reason I can always remember when the first day of Spring is.Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Ann

Anonymous said...

Your spring fluffing looks great! Love what you did on top of the trunk and yes, I think those are the most famous salt and pepper shakers in existence!

Manuela

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I can't pick a favorite, all of your decor is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cece

Bonita said...

You have aso many beautiful things. The hutch and all its goodies are my favorite.

Chris said...

Oooh, I love your spring decor!! I want every single one of those birds! I'm with you--pink and green are so cute together!

Twice as Nice said...

Wow you did a lot of decorating! I did mine last minute and it shows. It was fun.

Beca said...

Your home looks lovely! I love your cabbage plates.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

Ohhh my, you have been busy!!! Love all of your fresh, new Spring decor!!! Love what you did with your hutch...the green cabbage plates are pretty and so Springy!!! And...I love all...all of your roses!!! I don't know if you can ever have too many! I love that sweet little bird and nest full of eggs that you placed on the white plate with roses...one of my favorites!!! And that last vignette photo too! Well my friend...it all looks great! So very pretty!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Kim,
I've really enjoyed looking at your spring decor! You're getting me in the mood to get busy.