Saturday, October 3, 2009

Black Out

Can you really call it a black out if the electricity goes out in the middle of the night? Well I would. I woke up about 1:35 this morning because I heard a beeping and it was pitch black. I realized that the electricity had gone out. The noise was coming from the battery backup on our AT&T U verse box. I didn't have a flash light by my bed (shame on me) so I found my watch that has a light on it to find out what time it was. I then tried to go back to sleep and woke up at 3:00 because the whole house fan came back on and the clock by my bed came back on.

When we went to get breakfast this morning we drove down Granite Hills Drive and the road was blocked off just past the Church on Dehesa. It looked like a car hit a telephone pole and they were fixing it. That's why we had a black out last night.

1 comment:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You sure you weren't dreaming? lol. I think it's funny that silence can wake us up. But it does. And when you mentioned the U Verse box beeping it reminded me of last week when our smoke dectectors starting beeping really loud in the middle of the night. They do that when a battery is low. If one goes off, they all do. It was very unsettling. Hard to go back to sleep when your adrenaline is pumping.

Kim