Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Show and Tell - Anything Thanksgiving

For this weeks show and tell I am going to show you photos of my front porch. This is the only thing that I decorated for Thanksgiving or fall outside.



Here is a close up of the round table just to the left of my front door. I leave this table up all year round & only change out the table cloth & items on the table. So far I have left the lantern all year as well. I just change the garland around the candle inside the lantern. I got the lantern last year on clearance at Mervyn's for $9.00. The Indian corn I have had for numerous years. I just put a new fall bow on it this year with ribbon I bought at the Dollar Tree store.

This is my new fall wreath. I just got it on clearance at Walmart this weekend for $5.00!!! I love finding deals.

Here is a close up of the fall painting hanging on my wall. It is framed in a tin frame with embossed fall leaves with a wood frame on the outside. (See 1st photo for the whole picture) I did not paint this (wish I had). I bought this about 3 years ago at a Joann craft store. I waited & waited for it to go on sale for 60% off. I have a Halloween one as well that I posted a few weeks back.


This welcome rake is the one Andrea gave me for my birthday back in August. The "Chalfant's" sign Jodi made for us for Christmas a few years back. They vinyl lettering is coming off. Hint, hint to Jodi, you can paint me a new one for Christmas this year!!!! The white pumpkin I got on clearance at Target last week. I love white pumpkins!!!

This is the sunflower garden stake that Andrea also got me for my birthday.
So there you have my "Thanksgiving" front porch. Hope you like it. If not, don't let me know as I will probably cry.

Sorry that I don't have anything witty or cute to say today as I am quite tired. I didn't go to bed until 12:45am this morning as I was watching "Oprah". Then at 4:30am we had a 4.1 earthquake that woke us all up. It was pretty mild as earthquakes go, but still enough to startle us awake & get the adrenaline pumping. Needless to say, I was not able to go back to sleep afterwards. So I only got less than 4 hours of sleep last night. It is really catching up with me now.

To top it all off, we had another 3.8 earthquake about 9:40am this morning. This time, I didn't move as it was over as fast as it happened. But it got my adrenaline going again. But now I am off the adrenaline rush & I feel like crashing.

I didn't get much done this weekend as I was glued to the TV watching the fires around here. Luckily none of them are close to anyone in our family (at least for the Langston family). And they were to the west of us so we didn't get any of the smoke here. I just felt bad for all the people who lost their homes.

Every time we have a fire here in southern California it reminds me of a dream I had when I was a teenager. I dreamt that a fire was coming towards our house & we only had a few minutes to evacuate. Mom said to grab everything that was important to us. Everyone in the family was grabbing photos, important papers, scriptures, things like that. I was grabbing the TV, stereo, & my records. I woke up in a cold sweat & realized how materialistic I was. It was quite an eye opener to me. I think if this was to really happen to me now, I wouldn't be so materialistic. But I would take the computer, but only because it has my photos on it.

Even though we have fires & earthquakes, I am still thankful that I live in southern California. I wouldn't trade fires & earthquakes for tornado's and hurricanes. The only thing that would make living in southern California perfect, is if it snowed on Christmas Eve so we could have a white Christmas. Now that would be per magic!!!

Next week we will continue the Thanksgiving theme. I want you to show and tell something or things that you are thankful for.

No comments: