Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary to my hubby!


Reason number three:

Today is my wedding anniversary. Mike & I have been married for 3 years today. We've been together for 13 years, but married for 3.


We got married in the backyard at our house. We were married by my brother in law Jamey (Andrea's husband). Did you know in the state of California you can become an ordained minister for a day?

We were so happy to be finally married. I think everyone in my family was happy that we were finally married.
It was 105 degrees the day we were married.

We are trying hard not to crack up.

I now pronounce you husband & wife. For some reason, we all thought that was pretty funny.
Our wedding cake. The bride & groom I wanted on the top of the cake was too big. So this was my 2nd choice. Why are wedding cakes so dang expensive?

Cutting the cake.

Toasting to being married! It's Martinelli's people! And did you notice the burn on my arm? Yup, burned it on the oven the day of the wedding.
You may now kiss the bride.
We called it our ebay wedding. As we paid for the wedding with money I earned from selling on ebay. And most of the items we purchased for the wedding came from ebay. Including my dress.

And here we are 3 years later. Well actually this photo was taken in Vegas in January of this year.

Happy Anniversary Babe!!!! I love you!!!!

Kim

Happy Anniversary Comments

Oh, and a big thanks to my sis Andrea for wishing us Happy Anniversary. I was writing this post when I noticed that she beat me to the anniversary wishes. I promise to never accuse you of not participating on the blog. Thanks for the good wishes. It means a lot.

And be sure to scroll down & read all the posts for today. There are now 4 of them.

5 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! The happiness is so apparent on your faces in these pictures. Both of you just sparkle with love in those pictures, and it is beautiful to see. laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Kim,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE HAPPY COUPLE! I love the pics, you look so happy, just glowing. I am so curious too about the e-bay selling, I do a little too. Thanks for sharing, Cindy

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Loved your wedding cake. And yes, they are so expensive. My mother-in-law made ours and it had flowers on it from someones yard. I say a bush that had pretty flowers and my mom went up to their door and asked them if we could pick some.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Kim,
Happy Anniversary. That is so awesome that you earned your wedding cash by selling on Ebay. Wow, you have a huge family; I bet your holidays are a lot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by our blog.

Nola
Nashville, TN

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Dearheart...

Happy Anniversary my friend!!! Please extend my well wishes to your honey Mike as well!!! Wow...year number three, huh? But ya'll have been together for much longer! I always giggle...we have been married for four years but have been together for 8...we just decided we should probably make it official! Hehe! Both of our first marriages were pretty rough...I think we just waited to be sure...know what I mean? Also...you said that you burned your arm the day of your wedding. Girl, I cut my leg open on the corner of my dishwasher...had the door of it down and I turned around and ran right into it. So I had a nice big gash on my leg for our wedding day! Hehe! We got married in our church in the morning but had a big outdoor reception planned for all of our friends in our backyard! Ohh my, it turned out cold and rainy that day...so last minute we had to change plans and move everything to the VFW hall.

Your wedding looked absolutely fabulous...and now that I've seen photos of your backyard...I can only imagine how truly beautiful it all looked!!! Kim, I love your dress...it's soooo beautiful!!! You looked absolutely radiant and Mike so handsome!!! Your love for one another is so apparent on your faces!!! Ohhh yes, I loved your cake too...gorgeous!!!

Well my friend, Happy...Happy 3rd Anniversary!!! I'm sending ya'll my very best wishes and blessings for many, many more happy years together!!!

Love ya,
Chari