Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th!!!!!


Watch out for black cats, avoid mirrors & ladders and by all means, don't spill the salt!!!

Remember how superstitious Grandma Manning was? I can remember driving down the street and a black cat was crossing the road. Grandma stopped the car, turned around, and went the opposite direction.

Mom also told me that Grandma didn't want Mom born on the 13th of May. Grandma did everything in her power to make sure Mom wasn't born until it was the 14th.

Whenever it is Friday the 13th, I always think of Grandma and her superstitions. Do any of you have any superstitions?

I found a cool website you might want to look up if you want to know all about:
How the fear of Friday the 13th began
A few quirks about 13
Why is Friday so fearful
Friday the 13th phobia
Good Fridays & other 13 stuff
Silly rituals and cures to protect you on Friday the 13th


www.brownielocks.com/fridaythe13th.html


Check it out & you will learn alot of interesting things about Fridays, the number 13 & Friday the 13th.

I'm trying to think of my superstitions. I always "knock on wood". I really don't believe it, but why take any chances. Other than that, I really don't have any. Whenever I see a black cat crossing the road, walk under a ladder or are handling a mirror, I think about the superstition, but I don't worry about it so much that I alter my path. Instead I think of Grandma & smile.

What are your superstitions? Or what do you remember about Grandma being superstitious? Put you answers in the comments to this post. It will be fun to remember & share our memories of Grandma.

Kim

No comments: