Friday, February 27, 2009

Mike's birthday dinner

This past Tuesday was Mike's birthday so we took him out to dinner to a restaurant called Giovanni's Pizza & Pasta here in Menifee of all places. We had never been to this particular restaurant before, but as Arnold would say "We'll be back". We have been looking for a place who makes good pork ribs. We hadn't found anything locally until this week. Yes, this pizza joint sells ribs, and mighty tasty ones at that. One of Jesse's teachers at school recommended this restaurant.

We knew it was going to be good as it was quite packed on a Tuesday evening. It had a real family ambiance. The owner came over to meet us & make sure we were being taken care of.

Because of the economy they have a "Bailout" menu with dinners for $7.00. I had the lasagna & Brandon had the small pizza from this menu. I had already cut up my lasagna before taking this photo.

Jesse had a meatball sandwhich & Mike had a full rack of ribs. The ribs was the most expensive dinner at $16.99, but it included one trip to the salad bar.
Brandon & Jesse waiting for dinner.
Mike & I. I look terrible. I shouldn't have even posted this, but I did.
Mike got to wear a special birthday hat. They took his photo & they will put it on their birthday photo wall for the rest of February. He also got free spumoni ice cream, woo hoo!!
It was a great dinner & it was super worth going just to see Mike wearing this silly hat. So if you are ever in Menifee, CA you have to eat at Giovanni's Pizza & Pasta. Maybe we will see you there sometime. But don't count on it, only because we don't have the money to be going out to eat. If we did, we would be there!

2 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kim...

Ahhh...it looks like ya'll had a wonderful birthday celebration for your honey!!! And I love the photo of the two of you...how sweet! You both look so happy!!!

Oh my, well I'm certainly hungry now...looking at all of those scrumptious food photos!!! I love Italian!!!

I just left you a message on your "Whats On My Walls Wednesday" post...love, love, love all of your frenchy pretties!!! If I lived closer, you'd have to be guarding those pretties...hehe!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
Chari

Prescott family said...

Happy belated birthday to Mike!! Sorry I didn't even realize it was his birthday month. I'm glad you guys had a good time celebrating. The food looks delicious.
Andrea