Thursday, August 13, 2009

Family Vacation Day 5

Yesterday was our 5th day of our vacation. We got up at 9:00am and made breakfast. After we had breakfast and watched some TV, Mom and I drove to Salt Lake City and went shopping at Lane Bryant, Dress Barn, Kohls and then to Walmart. While at Walmart we ate lunch at Subway.

After we finished shopping at Walmart we called Dad and asked if they wanted us to bring up dinner, he said yes. So we went to Costco and bought a Pizza at took it back up to the resort. After we ate dinner, we played Dominoes.

While we were playing Dominoes, about 9:00pm I asked Mom what was on TV next and Mom just mumbled some words that I could not understand, so I took her blood sugar because I thought it was low. It wasn't so I called down to the front desk and told her that my Mother was not responding to us and she called the paramedics. Within 5 minutes the security officer came in to check things out and then called the paramedics to come up and check her out.

They came in and checked all of her vitals (which were good) and asked us a lot of questions about her medical conditions etc. They then decided to take her to the hospital. At first they were going to take her to Alta View hospital which is down at the bottom of the hill, but then change it to University of Utah Hospital in northern Salt Lake City. Because they have a neurologist on staff. About 15 minutes into the Ambulance ride Mom was talking to the paramedics which was a good sign.

We left Snowbird about 9:45 and got to the hospital about 10:30pm. They took her right in and hooked her up to alot of monitors. They decided to do a CT Scan on her and check to see if she had a stroke. The results came back that she did not have a stroke, so they did a MRI and that came back OK also. After all of the test results came back they think that she might had a seizure. We have to make an appointment with her primary care physician when we get back home.

She was released from the hospital at 3:40am this morning and we got back up to the resort about 4:45am. We all slept about 4 hours and we are pretty tired.

Todd, Mari, Julianna and some friends of Todds that are living with him came to the hospital and Todd and Dad gave Mom a blessing that really helped.

She is doing much better today and is talking with us fine. She has talked with both Marilyn and Joni on the phone this afternoon and she has talked with Kim. We appreciate all of your prayers and toughts on our behalf.

Hopefully today will be not quite so eventfull.



Dee Dee said...

That's terrible! I'm glad she's doing better. I hope that you all get to enjoy the rest of your vacation without any more excitement.

Erin said...

Scary! Glad to hear she's doing better.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to read about your mum having the seizure but it sounds like she had a good check up in the hospital.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I hope you will drop into my blog when you have time,

Bye for now, Jackie Manning.