Thursday, October 16, 2008

Breakfast of Champions



This morning as I got to work, my stomach began to rumble & tell me it was hungry. Normally I will have a bowl of strawberry & banana yogurt. And if I am feeling really adventurous, I will throw in some granola. But today my tummy said it didn't want something healthy, it wanted something yummy.

I looked around my desk to see what I had to eat that might satisfy my craving for something different. I spied a bag of Boston Baked Beans. Remember Boston baked beans from when you were a kid? I've loved them since I was a kid. They are one of my favorite candies.

I had just been to the Dollar Tree store yesterday & I LOVE Boston Baked Beans. So whenever they have them, I have to buy. It's one of my weaknesses.

Boston baked beans for breakfast you say? I know it is not the typical breakfast of champions (more like the breakfast of fat people, of which I am), but I couldn't resist. I tore open the bag to just taste a few. I was then going to put them away for later & eat something healthy.

Oh no, it's just like eating Lays potato chips, you can't eat just one (remember those commercials?). I have this terrible problem of eating the whole bag of any candy that I might open up. If the candy is on someone else' s desk, I'm fine, but on my own desk, I'm in big trouble. I should know better than to buy candy, especially the kind I like. But I always think, this will be the time I will have enough will power to not eat the whole bag at the same sitting.

Would this be that time? The time I could finally conquer my weakness of eating the entire bag? Heck no!!!! I ate every last bean. Common sense went out the window, I was in heaven, I didn't want it to stop. But all good things must come to an end, I ran out of candy.

Then I did the most terrible thing of all. I turned the bag over to see how many calories. It said "70 calories". Not too bad, I thought. Then I looked closer, there are 10 servings per bag. Now, I know I haven't been in school for many a moons, but even I can figure out that 10 x 70 equals 700. I had to let it sink in a little while (I am getting old you know, so it takes a little longer). 700 CALORIES I had consumed in one sitting, all in my quest for instant gratification!!!!

Needless to say, my euphoria from eating the candies turned to depression (only for about 2 minutes). How could I have done this? Where is my will power? When can I go to the Dollar Tree store & buy some more? STOP THAT! NO MORE CANDY!!!!

Now my tummy isn't feeling so good. I guess you aren't suppose to eat Boston baked beans or any candy for breakfast. Hopefully I can remember this the next time I want to be adventurous for breakfast.

Have you ever eaten something for breakfast that you knew you shouldn't?

Kim

No comments: