Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How much does it cost to drive?


Want to know how much it costs to drive somewhere? Find out at CostToDrive.com, the easiest way to discover how much it costs to drive anywhere in the US.

A friend of mine just told me about this website. It's pretty cool. You put in the address you are driving from, to the address you are driving to. You also put in the year, make & model of the car you are driving. It then calculates how many miles you will drive, the amount of time it should take you to get there, how many gallons of gas you will use & the cost. Right now it is basing the cost on $2.86 a gallon.

This website would come in handy when planning a trip somewhere. So you know ahead of time how much you should be spending on gas. It also helps in figuring out what it costs you to go to/from work or school.

I have to warn you that this website can be somewhat depressing, , but not as depressing as a few months back when gas prices were out of control.

I drive 46 miles round trip. I just figured out that it is costing me $5.00 a day to drive to/from work. That is more than I thought I was spending. So I am a little depressed. Can you imagine what I was paying when gas was $4.65 a gallon? I hate to think about it.

This is the car I drive (the blue Hyundai & not the other gas guzzlers in the photo). Luckily Brandon & I carpool so I only have to drive every other week.

Go try it out for yourself & put in comments how much it costs you to drive to/from work or school.

Kim

No comments: