Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting to know your family-Becky

Just got a response from the getting to know your family questionnaire from Becky. Becky is my cousin, daughter of Joni, grand daughter of Edith & Merlin.

In reading over Becky's responses I had to laugh when I got to her favorite toy as a child. Her answer was a troll doll. Funny thing, that was my favorite of Becky's toys too. When I was about 10 or so our family had been visiting the Bunker's and Becky let me play with her troll the whole time we were there. When it was time to go home, I didn't want to part with my new favorite toy. So I stole it. Yes you heard me right, I'm admitting that I was a thief.

When it was time to leave I stuck the troll on my head & put on my hood to my coat to cover it up. As we were leaving my dad patted me on the head & thought something felt funny, but I told some lie & he believed me. Can you believe I'm admitting to being so evil?

Well on the drive home I was sleeping in the back of the station wagon (back then we didn't wear seatbelts). When I fell asleep the hood of my coat fell back & exposed the stolen troll.

Boy did I get into trouble when we got home. I had to mail back the troll to Becky with a written apology. I felt so bad that I got caught. Come on, you know the guilt would have gotten to me if I hadn't gotten caught. So Becky got her favorite toy back & I got in a bunch of trouble.

So there you have it, I have now confessed to the world the one time I stole something. See I am not perfect. lol.

Enough about me, let's see Becky's responses to the questionnaire:

1.

What is your occupation right now?

paper pusher in a cubicle

2.

What color are your socks right now?

gray with a embroidered flower on the ankle

3.

What are you listening to right now?

70's hits

4.

What was the last thing that you ate?

patty melt

5.

Can you drive a stick shift?

No, but I can drive a car with a stick shift

6.

Last person you spoke to on the phone?

Maureen, my daughter

7.

Do you like the person who sent this to you?

yes and I even love her!

8.

How old are you today?

the grand age of 50

9.

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?

football

10.

What is your favorite drink?

alcoholic? anything with Kahlua. Otherwise tea.

11.

Have you ever dyed your hair?

no real woman would ever answer this one truthfully!

12.

Favorite Food?

popcorn

13.

What is the last movie you watched?

The Hours

14.

Favorite day of the year?

Tuesday

15.

How do you vent anger?

I am a Bunker, we don't vent, we just fume.

16.

What was your favorite toy as a child?

troll doll

17.

What is your favorite season?

warm and sunny

18.

Cherries or Blueberries?

cherries

19.

Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?

yes

20.

Who is the most likely to respond

All the girls

21.

Who is least likely to respond?

the boys

22.

Living arrangements?

above ground in a house with my husband and two daughters

23.

When was the last time you cried?

today? when I cut onions, couple of days ago? at my daughter's grandfathers memorial, but mostly every Sunday at worship.

24.

What is on the floor of your closet?

boxes of important stuff

25.

Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?

Kim

26.

What did you do last night?

watched my daughter Maureen perform in a play at her high school

27.

What are you most afraid of?

the dark

28.

Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?

plain

29.

Favorite dog breed?

Sheltie

30.

Favorite day of the week?

still Tuesday

31.

How many states have you lived in?

one

32.

Diamonds or pearls?

diamonds

33.

What is your favorite flower?

ROSE

Thanks Becky! And I want to apologize again for stealing your troll when we were kids.

To everyone else, did you ever steal something as a child, or as an adult? I want to hear your confessions too.

2 comments:

Prescott family said...

Kim you are too funny. I must have been too little because I don't remember you getting in trouble for the stolen troll. You bad girl!
It's fun getting responses back from the cousins... I wonder why Becky likes Tuesdays so much? A whole other post in itself, I am sure!!!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

Ever tired of French Country??? Ohhhhh nooooo!!! Hehe!!! Just read the sweet note you left for me in my kitchen...so glad that you came by!!! Shoot...at the rate we're going...French Country may be out of style by then anyway...hehe! Oh well, I have never really been fashion conscious when it comes to decorating my home anyway! I just do what feels good and looks good to me!

Well Sweetie...hope you're having a marvelous Monday!
Love ya,
Chari