Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ahhhh

Jamey & I just got back from a quick trip to Utah... the company he works for is in Park City & he had to go there for some sales meetings & their Christmas party, so I tagged along. We left Wednesday & were back home by Friday afternoon (I said it was a quick trip). We had a fantastic time. Although it does make me happy that I live in Southern Cali, as it was about 35 degrees during the day in Utah. It was beautiful since it had just snowed the Monday before we went - they still had several inches of snow on the ground & on the buildings/houses. The sky was blue but the air was still cold, it was fun for a day or two. On Thursday I was able to drive to SLC to meet up with Melissa. It was great being able to see her again & in Utah! It's sad to say that was only the second time in about 17 or 18 years that we had been together... I was able to see her home & meet one of her daughters! I was so excited!! We had a great (quick) visit, thanks for lunch Melissa!!
I hope next time I am there I can meet the rest of her girls, see Ryan & his family as well as see Aunt Marilyn & Clark. It will need to be a longer trip for sure since I really should have driven a little further to see Todd & the kids!! Sorry Todd! I will see you next time. With only one full day in Utah, there just wasn't enough time to do everything that I wanted.
It was nice being away without the boys. Park City definately is a romantic place & this time of year it was fantastic. Jamey's company had something planned for a lot of the time we were there, but it was fun to meet the people he works with & see him in his element. I love being with him & had a great time - thanks for letting me come along!!
When we got home we were surprised by Nate & a bald head... those of you who don't know him or see him very often wouldn't know but Nate was growing dreadlocks (or whatever you want to call them) - they were actually getting pretty long. Some people bugged him about cutting them off but I wasn't going to be one of them. I knew he would cut them when it was really important.

I guess my patience worked because when we got home Nate had cut them all off!! (sorry I don't have a picture of the bald head, the battery is dead in the camera). I will post one later. Anyway, I got my Christmas present from him early!!! Who says you need to have money for a great gift???

2 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Glad to hear you had a fun time & got to see Melissa. Did you take any photos of your trip? Or was your camera battery dead then too?

Who shaved Nate's head? I bet he looks a lot different. Be sure & post pics when you get your camera working again.

Dee Dee said...

Nate was so cute! He came over and was hanging out for awhile. He had a beanie and his hood over his head, and gave little peaks to everyone now and again. He looked really good with dreads, but he's a cutie...he looks good bald, too.

Glad you had a fun, romantic trip. You two deserve that once in awhile!!