Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Family Face - Katie

This week we are spotlighting Katie. She is Marti & Larry's 5th child. She just started doing crafts. She only does the simple ones but she finds them to be enjoyable & relaxing. She also enjoys bike riding, cooking & baking. She is married & has no children at this time.

I sent her the questionnaire & here are her responses.
Your full name? Kathleen (Katie) Anna Harp

Your age? 22

Spouse’s name? Seth Harp

Children’s names & ages? No children yet

Job description: I am a student

Where do you live? Tustin ca (Orange County)

Places you have lived: Templeton Ca, Fullerton Ca, and Tustin Ca

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere close to family

Education: I am finishing my last semester of my bachelors degree class and I am waiting to hear if i have been accepted into the teacher credential program at Cal State Fullerton

Happiest childhood memory? Christmas mornings with my parents and siblings

Favorite food or drink? Lemonade

Favorite food or drink that is not good for you? Cookies

Favorite treat or dessert? ice cream

Favorite ice cream? cookies and cream

Favorite place to eat out? Red Robin

Happiest memory of teenage years? Camping in Santa Cruz with the Sizemore family

Happiest moment in life? When I was married in the LA temple!

What makes you happy? Children/ Babies

What makes you laugh? Seth

What makes you cry? Sad movies, spiritual moments, and when I laugh to hard

What scares you? Spiders, and being alone

What has been your biggest challenge or something you struggle with? hiding my emotions, I am not very good at that, i wear my emotions on my face.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life, or who is your hero? My mother! She is such a wonderful person and a great role model to look up to.

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today? I would call/ visit everyone i love and let them know how much I love them and how they have influenced my life.

Favorite vacation spot or place to travel? Any where were there is family and/or friends

Favorite color? Pink

Favorite movie? Disney movies

Favorite book? I don't like to read very much. I only read school books, because i have too, and the Book of Mormon, because it is uplifting. (I also like to read cookbooks)

Favorite thing to do or favorite pastime? I love to spend time with friends and family.

Before you die, you would like to: Be a Mommy, a Grandma, and a Teacher

What do you (or did you) want to be when you grow (grew) up? A wife, a mother, and a teacher.

What is your ultimate goal in life? My ultimate goal in life is to be the best mother/ wife I can be and teach my children to know and follow the savior.

What has been your greatest accomplishment? Getting as far through school as I have. (and I am still going)

What do you think is the world’s biggest problem? People's priorities

Are you a spiritual person? Yes

What is something you believe in? That families can be together forever!!

What has been your hardest decision in life so far? To postpone having children until I am done with school.

What are your goals for the next 5 years: To graduate, be a mommy and maybe sub.

What are you really good at? Smiling

Favorite holiday & why? Easter, because I love the feel of spring, it feels so fresh and new.

Favorite day of week & why? Sundays because they are relaxing.

Favorite time of day & why? The morning because i have the whole day ahead of me.

Favorite thing about yourself? That I am good with children

Do you weigh yourself? And if so, how often? I don't weigh myself very often maybe once every couple months.

What are you listening to these days? I listen to country and whatever Seth is listening to.

What are you most proud of? The grade that i have received in college. I have been on the Dean's list the past two semesters and i think i might make it again this semester.

Are you a morning or night person? Morning

What is your pet peeve? When people wipe there wet hands on me!

What do you love about your spouse? His laugh, it is infectious.

When & where did you meet your spouse? I met my spouse in August of 2005 at a singles ward activity.

When & where you married? We were married January 12, 2007 in the LA Temple

What celebrity crushes did you have as a teen? Jonathan Taylor Thomas (when he was on Home Improvement)

Favorite memory of Grandma & Grandpa Manning? I don't have very many memories of either of them.

Favorite possession? My testimony

One thing you love about your body? My eyes

Something on your mind lately is? "I hope I get into the credential program."

Your life would be more simpler if? I was graduated!

What surprises you most about your adult life? That I sometimes still feel like a child.

Who would you love to meet living or dead? President Hinkley, I really want to shake his hand!

Name 2 objects you use in your everyday life: My toothbrush and my hair brush

What did you do for Halloween? I went to the ward Halloween party dressed as a ninja turtle.

What are you going to do for Thanksgiving? Seth and I are going to Arizona to visit his family
(this question was asked prior to Thanksgiving)

What are you going to do for Christmas? We are going to Templeton to spend the holiday with my family.

What is your motto? Faith and fear cannot co-exist.

One word that describes you? Energetic

Your advice to others? If you do it right the first time you won't have to do it again.- thanks mom



Thanks Katie!!! We are happy to get to know you better. The next few weeks we will be spotlighting Lauren, John, Brandon & Jesse (these are the ones that have responded to my questionnaire). The order depends on who emails me their photos the soonest. So email me some photos. My email is kasmlc@hotmail.com.

Monday is Show and Tell. You can post anything about Christmas. Lets get some participation going here folks.

3 comments:

Katie and Seth said...

I would like to add an update and let everyone know that I have been excepted into the Credential Program at Cal State Fullerton! : )

Erin said...

I love our Katie! She's such an amazing sister, friend, and person. I could go on and on and on about all the great things about her, but suffice it to say that anyone who has the pleasure of meeting her can count themselves a better person as a result of that encounter.

Katie and Seth said...

Thank you Erin! That was really sweet of you to say!