Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Family Face - Lauren

This week we are spotlighting Lauren. Lauren is Marti's 6th child.

Lauren really enjoys watching old movies and reading novels. Carry Grant is her favorite actor and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is her favorite book. She enjoys learning new things and traveling around the country visiting her family. She also enjoys art and knitting and spending time with her boyfriend.

Here are her answers to the family questionnaire:
Your full name? Lauren Lee Graff

Your age? 19

Spouse's name? Future Mr. Perfect (none yet)

Children's names & ages? none yet

Job description Sales research and acquisition for my brother-in-law Stewart Pope's company Universal Aero Support

Where do you live? Currently, Fullerton Ca

Places you have lived Templeton, Ca

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere my family is

Education I am s sophomore at California State University, Fullerton and am applying for a transfer for next fall to BYU Idaho or Provo.

Happiest childhood memory? playing in the tall grass around our house and playing hide and go seek in it.

Happiest memory of teenage years? Playing hide and go seek in tall grass with my mom and brothers.

Happiest moment in life? Whenever I am with my family.

Favorite day of week & why? Sunday, I love going to church and having a big Sunday dinner with my family.

Favorite time of day & why? Sun rise and sunset, because it so pretty coming and going.


What makes you happy? reading books, watching old movies, hanging out with my family and friends.

What makes you laugh? funny movies, funny books, funny jokes, surprises, etc...

What makes you cry? heartbreak, disappointment, sappy movies, booboos

What scares you? the unknown

What has been your biggest challenge or something you struggle with? overcoming the fear of failure, not avoid things just because I might not do well in them.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life, or who is your hero? My Mommy! She is AMAZING!

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today? Tell every one I loved them, go to the beach, and pray for another day.

Before you die, you would like to: visit England, Ireland, Italy, Tahiti, Hawaii. Get married, have kids. Learn how to fly an airplane, snowboard, surf, be a good cook. Become an expert in more than one subject.

What do you (or did you) want to be when you grow (grew) up? I wanted to be a teacher when I was little, but now I really don't know what I want to be.

What is your ultimate goal in life? To be a wife and mother.

What has been your greatest accomplishment? Earning the trust of the people around me.

What do you think is the world's biggest problem? pride

Are you a spiritual person? Most of the time.

What is something you believe in? Christ

Favorite thing about yourself? That I know what people want to need before they do.


What has been your hardest decision in life so far? What to do with my life.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done? dyed my hair red

What are your goals for the next 5 years. Get my Bachelors degree, be mostly through my Masters and get married.

What are you really good at? reading people emotions, facial expressions and body language.

Do you weigh yourself? And if so, how often? nope

What are you listening to these days? Nothing Ever Stays!

What song describes you & your life? When You're Gone

What are you most proud of? my family

What is something no one knows about you? the rapid passage of time scares me

Are you a dog or cat person? Dog

Are you a morning or night person? Morning

What is your pet peeve? Belching

Favorite possession? My books and my journal.


What is your motto? I can overcome.

What celebrity crushes did you have as a teen? Heath Ledger

One thing you love about your body? My eyes

Something on your mind lately is? Which university should I pick?

Your life would be more simpler if? There were more hours in the day.

What surprises you most about your adult life? how quickly the days fly by.

Who would you love to meet living or dead? Jesus Christ

What is the nicest compliment anyone has offered you? You are my example

Name 2 objects you use in your everyday life. My laptop and my toothbrush.

What did you do for Halloween? Went to a Halloween Party dressed like a cute Jack-o-lantern.

What are you going to do for Thanksgiving? Have Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

What are you going to do for Christmas? Be home with pretty much my entire family and have sour dough waffles and open presents and go to a game night at our family friend's house!

Favorite food or drink? Pretty much any food my mom makes, but especially her turnkey potpie

Favorite food or drink that is not good for you? chocolate!

Favorite treat or dessert? ice cream

Favorite ice cream? chocolate and butter pecan

Favorite place to eat out? A.J. Spurs

Favorite vacation spot or place to travel? Anywhere my family is!

Favorite color? Blue

Favorite movie? I have too many favorites to name them all. My favorite genre is romantic comedy.

Favorite book? Pride and Prejudice

Favorite thing to do or favorite pastime? read good books and watch old movies

Favorite holiday & why? Christmas, because my whole family comes home!

Favorite decorating style? bright, happy and cozy.

One word that describes you? optimistic

Your advice to others? Take time to step out of the rush of life and appreciate what God has given you and thank Him daily for it all.


Thanks Lauren for participating and letting us get to know you better. Isn't this fun? Next Friday we will have a double Friday Family Face. We will be learning about another of Marti's girls, Kira & her husband Stewart. I have also received back a questionnaire from John Bunker but I still need John to email me photos. Get with it Johnny boy!!!

Monday will again be show and tell with a Christmas theme. Hopefully I will post photos of my Christmas decor. I have my house decorated now thanks to Danica's help but I haven't taken any photos & I haven't put my boxes away. I also still need to decorate my tree. Hopefully it will get done before Christmas. I just found out yesterday that I have pneumonia, so now I know why I haven't felt good enough to do much for Christmas. Hopefully my new "kick it in the butt" antibiotics work this time and I get feeling better.

I'm hoping that someday I won't be the only one to post for show and tell. So make it your New Years resolution to participate in the Monday Show and Tells.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You keep highlighting my wonderful, amazing sisters, so I get another chance to wax sappy. :) Lauren is the kindest, most loyal, genuine, and thoughtful woman ever. She really can anticipate the needs and wants of others and then strives to meet those needs. Most of all, I admire her faith and dedication to try to do what's right. Love you Lauren!

Katie and Seth said...

I agree with Erin 100%. I have had the pleasure of having her live close to me of the past year and a half. It has been so nice getting to know her a women! She is very kind and warm hearted! I love you too wawa!

Prescott family said...

It is so nice to get to know you all better through these blogs! It amazes me how close you all seem to be... It also warms my heart to see how much you all love & admire your mom. She is an incredible woman - I never realized what a great person she had become until I spent Thanksgiving with a lot of you at your Grandma Joni's several (many) years ago. I've always loved the Bunker clan (and still do), they are amazing people... but your mom is even more. Her example is a testimony of what she believes & it has definately rubbed off on all her kids!! Thanks for being apart of this blog so we can know you all better.
Love,
Andrea