Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tablescape Tuesday




Oh no, I'm late to the party. But I guess better late than never. You have to cut me some slack though as I have pneumonia & I live on the west coast, so it is still morning here. My intention was to have this all ready before I went to bed last night, but with being sick, I fell asleep before getting it done. So please forgive my tardiness.

This is my first time posting on Tablescape Tuesday. So go easy on me with your comments. Remember I'm sick, cough, cough (you can feel sorry for me now if you would).

If you want to see more tablescapes by woman who are much more talented & creative than me, then go to http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ & you will find links to all the participants.

Now lets get this show on the road:

This is the table in my living room/dining room. I have it set for 4 as there are 4 people in my family. Go figure!!! The plates came from Ross a few years back. They came in green & a pinkish red. Now I wish I had also purchased the pinkish red set as well to mix & match.


My centerpiece is a glass cloche set on a Christmas plate cake stand that I made. I filled the cloche with medium & large jingle bells. I love jingle bells. I then put a Christmas candle ring at the base. Then I made a wreath out of sparkly greenery that I purchased last year from Brylane Home on clearance. It is actually a swag, but I made a circle out of it & used twisty ties to keep it all together. The crystal candlesticks came from my mother in law. The candle rings on the candlesticks I purchased at a dollar store a few years back.
The red table runner came from the Dollar Tree store last year or the year before.


The cream colored placemats have snowflakes on them & came from Walmart last year on clearance. The napkins are from the Dollar Tree. My silverware from Big Lots. The crystal glasses came from Amvets Thrift Store (my favorite thrift store down in San Diego).
I got the Santa hats last year at Target on clearance. I thought they looked real cute on the edge of the chair. What do you think?

The red Santa pants at each setting came from my work party last year. They were filled with candy. I had planned on doing the same before taking the photos, but ran out of time.This is not part of my tablescape, but part of my nativity in my family room. I just like to remind everyone the true reason we celebrate Christmas and that Christ should always be the center of our home.
As you can see, I enjoy clearance sales, thrift stores & the dollar stores. I love getting a bargain & have a hard time passing up one. I hope you enjoyed my tablescape and hopefully I will participate again sometime & post earlier.

12 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

~BEAUTIFUL~

Love the Christmas tree plates and centerpiece.

Have a blessed Holiday.
~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and welcome to Tablescape Tuesday. Aw, I'm so sorry you're sick and get to feeling better really soon! Your table is just beautiful and I love those plates! The little Santie pants are adorable.
Merry Christmas to you!
Shelia ;)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I love the plates! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

How cute ...the Santa hat on the chair! Great plates Your table is very nice.
Merry Christmas!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Precious! I love the idea of the jingle bells and those Santa pants are just too cute. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE--------THAT SIGN.AND YOUR CHINA IS LOVELY.AND THE CAP ON THE CHAIR IS JUST THE PERFECT TOUCH...ANN

Anonymous said...

I LOVE--------THAT SIGN.AND YOUR CHINA IS LOVELY.AND THE CAP ON THE CHAIR IS JUST THE PERFECT TOUCH.I DO HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON...ANN

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Your tablescape is just wonderful! Love your centerpiece! I am sorry to hear you are sick...hope you are a thousand times better by Christmas day, if not sooner! Thinks for posting this beautiful tablescape today! Bless you and get well soon! Susan

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Beautiful tablescape! Those plates are wonderful!!

Miss Janice said...

Well, I do love those Christmas dishes of yours and I think you did a wonderful job of setting that pretty table! I sure hope you are feeling better for Christmas:-)

Envoy-ette said...

Wise choice on the plates! Your table is perfect for the holiday season!