Monday, December 29, 2008

Tablescape Tuesday



I am participating again this week in Tablescape Tuesday. If you want to know what all the fuss is about, you need to visit Between Naps on the porch & click on all the participants. It is quite fun & addicting.

Here is this weeks attempt at making my table look beautiful. Since New Years is this week & my hubby gave me some new dishes for Christmas, I thought I would do my tablescape in black, cream & silver. Let me know what you think.

I used my winter white snowflake placemats from Walmart (same ones as in last weeks). I really don't have any tablecloths except for white & burgundy. So I opted to just use the placemats on the wood table. The big silver ornaments placed at each setting came from a boutique store this summer while we stayed in Cave Creek Arizona. I got them on clearance. They were 90% off. My kind of deal!!!

Since it is New Years this week, I used my thrift store crystal water goblets and champagne flutes. They don't all match, but that is OK with me. I love them all.


The flatware is by Oneida. I'm not sure of the pattern. I purchased them from Montgomery Wards years ago. These are the knives, spoons and forks that we use everyday. I need to find some more forks. I used to have setting for eight, but about 1/2 of my forks are missing. I'm pretty sure they ended up in the trash along with empty food boxes from our favorite Mexican take home restaurant. The kids hate using the plastic forks they give you. I guess I should have been doing a silverware check all these years.

These are my new plates that my hubby gave me for Christmas (I picked them out at Costco). They are by Spode (I love Spode). The pattern is Delamere in black. I didn't need any new plates, but I am a plateaholic. There I admitted it. I have a problem. But obviously I am not alone, that is why all of you are here looking at my post isn't it? We are all plateaholics.

For my centerpiece I used an old silver tray I purchased at the thrift store. I placed on the tray my silver trees. The tallest one I bought at Walmart last year I believe. The shorter one in the back came from Marshalls this year. I got it on clearance before Christmas. The tree in the front my dear hubby bought for me at Lowes on clearance last week before Christmas for $2.50. That was the best deal on the trees. I can't remember where I got the Mercury glass candle holders and I bought them this year. They have snowflakes etched on the side. You can't see it in the photos. I then sprinkled sparkly snow & layed some fake Mercury glass ornaments that I bought on clearance at Target this Christmas. I love how most of the stores clearanced out their Christmas items before Christmas. Got to enjoy everything for this Christmas & didn't have to wait for next.
You can see the etched snowflake in the mercury glass candle holder in this photo.


This photo was taken with the flash off.


Close up of my crystal goblets & flutes.

Here is a closeup of my new plate. It came in brown, blue, black & red. Since I am a black & white toile fan, I chose the black. My hubby got me a place setting for 4. He also got me the accessory bowl, platter & gravy boat that matched as well. I then went back to Costco after Christmas & used some of the money my son gave me for Christmas & purchased another 4 place setting. So now I have enough plates for 8 people. I could actually have a party & invite other people. Want to come? You just need to bring the food. I don't like to cook much.

My husband asked me if I was going to do this every week. I told him probably not, it's just really fun to decorate your table for the holidays. I do have enough different plates that I could do this every week for a few months, but I will probably space them out throughout the year. So you will probably hear from me again sometime.

It has been fun decorating my table & sharing with you all. I love looking at the tablescapes you all have created as well. I love this blog sharing that goes on in blogland. I'm one of these people who when I take a walk, I hope that window shades are left open as I walk by so I can peek in other peoples homes to see how they are decorated. That is what blogging has done. I get the thrill of peeking into peoples homes but I don't have to exercise in the process. Pushing buttons on the computer is my kind of exercise.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I want those dishes. Love them.

Lisa (aka) French said...

Love this dishes! Yes it is addicting isn't it? Hubby says I am going to end up like Martha with hordes of plates under the bed (lol) French;)

Unknown said...

Your hubby has excellent taste!! He must like to dine in style!!
Your table looks lovely...I love the centerpiece..very unique!
Happy New Year!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your table is lovely. I cracked up about what your hubby said. I have sooo many dishes...but when I see new ones I like..I say, I can use them for Tablescape Tuesday. He says "how many tables you gonna do?"

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I have hundreds of dishes...seriously! I used to tell hubby that I didn't have a problem until I started storing them under the beds. Hope he doesn't look under the bed! ;o) And your Spode plates sure make me feel like I need some more. Shame on you! *grins*

Your table is lovely...love the black & white w/ the mercury glass!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What do I think? Girl this is just incredible. I'm so in love with your dishes I'm going to do a search the minute I finish this comment..I am soooo in love with all the mercury..I just can't say enough...hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

What a very pretty table you have set! I love those dishes!! Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Love your china...very classic and beautiful! Your Christmas tree centerpiece is stunning! I so agree with you about peeking inside as you walk by...why do we love that? :-) So great getting all these wonderful ideas for feathering out nests! Thanks for participating in TT this week!

Kris said...

Love those dishes!!

Lady Katherine said...

I love your new dishes! The silver trees are so pretty with your table!

anythingbutlukewarm said...

Costco has Delamere Black 16 piece set on clearance now for $39. I just bought three sets and am trying to find the creamer and sugar bowl, wondering if you had any idea where I could find them. I have looked online but they have been discontinued. Thanks!
Julie