Here are Marti's answers to the Christmas questionnaire:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, you get to think about who the gift is for and customize the present. Gift bags are cheating
2. Real tree or Artificial? We have an artificial tree, I got tired of cleaning up needles in February- but I do miss the smell.
3. When do you put up the tree? When we get around to it.
4. When do you take the tree down? Ditto: sometime in January
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Homemade doll house
7. Hardest person to buy for? Larry
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lauren
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course, if I had more room in my house, I’d display several. My ‘Santa Shrine’ takes up the biggest space.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards??? I barely get around to putting up a tree!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I’m having a senior moment- can’t think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? “It’s a Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Stewart in black and white
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January clearance sales
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the fifth
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge
16. Lights on the tree? Who likes a dark tree?
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home and have the family gather together
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sneezy, dopey, grumpy, sleepy, fast, faster and fastest ;-)
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Everything keeps falling off the top, my favorite was a star that looked like Santa
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids can’t get us up till 7AM, that is when the stampede would ring through the house- ah, Morning.
21. Favorite thing about Christmas? The Hymns- they change everything about our lives. Think about it, all around us is angelic music. When you are shopping and people are humming about the birth Christ, there is peace. That is what makes Christmas feel so different than any other holiday. The only other one that comes close is the 4th of July, then we are singing about how God preserved this land to be a land of freedom and liberty.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That there is not just one more week before the BIG day.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Santa!!! I am enthralled with him. He represents all that is good. Children will behave themselves, adults get to share a time honored secret. He is generous, benevolent, jolly, mysterious, hardworking, prescient and likes cookies with milk. All he asks is that we believe.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey with all the fixin’s
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A lawn, floors finished, my car detailed
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Not Scrooge