Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas questionnaire-Kim


Here are my answers to the Christmas questionnaire. Isn't it fun getting to know each other a little better? You know you like this.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like the looks of wrapping paper, but gift bags are soooo much easier & we all now I like easy (not that kind of easy for those of you with a dirty mind).

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real trees. But I can't justify spending the money for a real tree when they are soooo expensive & they always die before Christmas. Therefore I have fake. Plus fake trees hold ornaments better & they come with the lights already on them (see I told you I like easy). But I love the smell of real.

3. When do you put up the tree? When I feel like it. My preference is Thanksgiving weekend. But usually I end up going shopping instead. But this year I was too sick (this is where you feel sorry for me). The way I am feeling this year I will be lucky to get a tree up at all.


4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Years Day or the week after.

5. Do you like eggnog? I LOVE eggnog. It is a hot commodity in my house.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The present I remember the most was my Velvet doll. Do you remember the Chrissy & Velvet dolls? Their hair came out of their head if you pushed a button on their tummy & it went back in when you wound up the knob on their back. Great fun.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents

8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself, as I know what I want & don't like to take the chance that someone else won't buy it for me. Besides me, it would be Mike, he loves getting ebay gift certificates. Again we are talking easy.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have 3. I set mom bought me, a little kids set (Mary, Joseph & baby Jesus that I put in a wooden manger that was part of our nativity as kids (all the figures in this original set got broken) & then I got Grandma Manning's nativity that Mom had made for her years ago. It's the one pictured on our family blog.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Years ago I used to mail Christmas cards. But I've been too much of a procrastinator to do it lately (last 20 years). I usually buy the cards & plan on mailing them out, but time runs out & it doesn't get done. I like the thought of emailed Christmas cards as it sounds easy, but I probably won't do that either.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember anything specific, but I'm sure it was some clothes that Mom bought me. She always got my sisters cute stuff & me ugly stuff. Sorry mom!!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street (original version)

13 When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually in October, but this year I haven't even started yet (not for wanting to shop, but for lack of funds)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have. Probably cause I am afraid I will accidentally give it back to the person who gave it to me. It's that lack of memory thing.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? White death. It's to die for. Get it?

16. Lights on the tree? I love white lights on a tree. On my old fake tree (which didn't come with lights) I usually put on 6-8 strands of lights. I bought a new fake tree to use this year (bought it on clearance at Target last year after Christmas), it already has the lights on it. Since I haven't put it up, I'm not sure if I will have to add more. But I love lots of lights.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually we go to Mom & Dad's house on Christmas Day. Last year was the first time we celebrated on Christmas Eve & then stayed home on Christmas Day. I liked this option much better.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can (but I have to sing their names).

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Victorian Angel

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. The kids usually open 1 gift on Christmas eve. But this year they are only getting 1 gift, so it will be Christmas morning.

21. Favorite thing about Christmas? The Christmas lights & decorations. I love all the build up before Christmas. I'm usually depressed on Christmas as all the hoopla is over.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the traffic at the malls or shopping centers. Or traffic everywhere for that matter.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love Victorian ornaments & crystals. Mostly white or pastel colors. On my 2nd tree I love blown glass ornaments in bright colors.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham & cheese potatoes (funeral potatoes would be a close 2nd). I always have to make the cheese potatoes. Everyone in my family loves them except for Mike (they usually make him sick for some reason).

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't want anything. I have too much crap already. The only thing I could use is a pest control company to spray for ants & a gardener to pull out all the cactus on my side yard. Oh and a million dollars.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Of course, everyone will.

No comments: